Thursday, May 19, 2016

An honest look on the new Pokemon games

Hey, trainers! Looks like the all-new, and extremely exciting Pokemon installments shall be dropping this November. Let me tell you, I am beyond hyped, so hyped, in fact, that I literally can't sit still. But there are still a few things that irk me about the long-awaited Gen VII games. First, let's begin with the legendary Pokemon: O.K. are you serious? Let me elaborate: the "mascot legendaries" on each respective game look cool but the problem is they don't look as though they should appear in Pokemon. By that, I mean they seem as though they'd fit better in the realm of Digimon more so than Pokemon. Don't believe me? All you need do is google-image search some Digimons and compare them to the new Sun and Moon legends. And of course I understand that my above statement is completely subjective: though, to me, I feel if we look back on the history of the legends in the Pokemon series, the Sun and Moon legends do look a tad out of place.
sunmoonslide-182212

Next, I'd like to mention the starters...oh boy. C'mon guys, are you kidding? The only remotely cool-looking starter is the fireball-kitty-tiger-cat-thing (and that's with the wishful notion that it'll evolve into an epic fire-breathing tiger). The otter looks...like a clown...and the owl doesn't even feel right. Of course, as with all Pokemon, we must not judge them based on their initial designs; we must wait to see their evolutionary stages (I'm hoping they'll be awesome).
Pokemon

GameFreak is unleashing the new iterations of Pokemon with the classic water, fire, grass trio; which is a let down, to be honest. I know that it's following a tradition, and that's fine, but I somewhat wish they would spice up the starter type wheel, for sake of variety and also to bring something refreshing. All-in-all, knowing what GameFreak is capable of (see Pokemon X and Y, and the Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire games), they will surely deliver amazing games for us. By the way, the new games are going to be set in the Alola region, which has a very Hawaiiesque ambiance.
Alola region
Oh yeah, you thought I forgot, huh? Trainer customization is returning! Need I say more?!!! Despite some of my personal irks with the choices of the games, I believe Sun and Moon shall be amazing installments worthy of being placed next to their brethren games. Get hyped, trainers! November 18th couldn't come sooner!

No comments:

Post a Comment